Saturday 10 December 2011

Peel Off ~ Backing Paper


Do you ever have left over peel offs and dont know how to use them?
Do you ever run out of your favourite papers or cant find any to coordinate?
Do you just want to try something a little different?
Then this is for you!
I always have left over peel offs especially if I purchase peel offs in packs, there are always some that I would never use. These can come in great use when in need of a background paper especially to match mirror card.
I needed to create a book card but didnt have any papers to go with it, so I added gold corner peel offs to some plain white card, [as I always have a nice stock of that!] This made a brilliant matching backing paper with a professional look. There still seemed to be something missing though, so I added some border peel offs around the outside of the page to complete the look. The bookmark down the centre of the card was scrap left over from the outside page, so no wastage!
I now had a card base but needed to add some content, the Dufex decoupage matched perfectly and a message was all the card needed.
This card was created using:
The Glitter Girls-Bookatrix Board,
1x Gold A4 Mirror Card,
2x White A4 Card,
1x Sheet of Dufex Decoupage,
1x Sheet of gold corner peel offs,
1x Sheet of gold border peel offs,
1x Printed birthday message,
Adhesives Foam Pads, Double sided tape
Tools Scissors, 6mm Embossing Tool





2 comments:

  1. great idea,fab tutorial and loveley card.
    sue xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. good idea,great card and a superb blog page you have got ;o)

    ReplyDelete